LET ME TELL YOU A THING ABOUT SHIRLEY TEMPLE
Not only did this ABSURDLY ADORABLE little superstar pretty much singlehandedly save Fox and the movie industry during the Great Depression, she also
- was one of the first (possibly the first) white actress to hold hands with a black man on screen as half of the first interracial dance couple on screen.
- was largely responsible for making breast cancer okay to talk about after she had a press conference about her own mastectomy
- became president of the Multiple Sclerosis Society and co-founded the International Federation of Multiple Sclerosis Societies, because her brother had MS
- was the first female Chief of Protocol in US Government history
- served as a US ambassador during the fall of Communism and was pretty much an all around international BADASS
And according to her husband, she was always true to herself. “Over 38 years I have participated in her life 24 hours a day through thick and thin, traumatic situations, exultant situations, and I feel she has only one personality. She would be catastrophic for the psychiatric profession. You can wake her up in the middle of the night and she has the same personality everybody knows. What everybody has seen for 60 years is the bedrock.” (x)
Shirley Temple is hands down the most legendary child star of all time and she grew up to be a total BAMF. Rest in peace, Curly Top.
photo credit: this awesome blog
so this kid got bored in class and asked the teacher if he could climb on the top of the cupboard thing and teacher was like “as long as it doesnt break and you dont fall of ok”
Did no one notice swag plank?
dont you dare insult william he is a great young man
F. Scott Fitzgerald, This Side of Paradise (via girl4boy)
everyone is getting into relationships and growing up and im just getting lazier and finding more tv series to watch
It’s the little things that Dean remembers about Sam from his childhood. They are just random inconsequential things we might think nothing of, but Dean knows all of them because he was there watching, helping, supporting throughout it all. Dean is the one who knows what Sam wants when he is sick because he kept a watch over him. He was probably the one who went to all of Sam’s games and cheered from the bleachers. He must have gone to Sam’s plays or any other event he participated in and maybe even his parent’s evenings. He knows Sam’s fears, what makes him happy and how to make him comfortable.
I regret to inform you, Captain Steven G. Rogers went missing behind enemy lines on the third aerial reconnaissance has proven unfruitful. As a result, I must declare Captain Rogers killed in action.